• Filosofi
    • Kost & Träning
    • Personlig utveckling
    • Brudar
    • Teknik, vetenskap och nörderi
    • Prylar
    • TVserier, filmer, böcker
    • Allt som är contrarian

Rätt intressant fråga iaf, värdig en debatt i heltoks db!

vet inte om det behöver diskuteras, tycker betner säger allt bra. allt snack om maktstrukturer kring pengar missar grejjen att det är ett frivilligt utbyte där båda parter gynnas. att rika(läs män) ger bort sin rikedom till mindre rika(kvinnor/pigor/whatever) om något borde ju jämna ut klyfterna, inte befästa dem som vänstertokar tror.

Hur kan man vilja förminska inidividen å bestämma vad individen skall få och inte få göra med sin kropp. Det om något är perverterat.

mm, håller med, usch för alla som tycker att deras vilja ska få bestämma över andra.

morrow lirar:

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Wolf

läste på mig lite om förbudet mot alkohol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States

Winemaking during Prohibition

During Prohibition, large numbers of people began making their own alcoholic beverages at home. To do so, they often used bricks of wine, sometimes called blocks of wine.[28] To meet the booming demand for grape juice, California grape growers increased their area about 700% in the first five years of prohibition. The juice was commonly sold as "bricks or blocks of Rhine Wine," "blocks of port," and so on along with a warning: "After dissolving the brick in a gallon of water, do not place the liquid in a jug away in the cupboard for twenty days, because then it would turn into wine."[29]

:D

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Det påminner om när datamanubranschen efter påtryckningar från amerikanska medielobbyorganisationer enades om ett direktiv som innebar att alla nytillverkade dvd-läsare var tvungna att låsas till en fast region efter fem byten. Något kinesiskt företag som ville in på marknaderna i USA och Kanada släppte en dvd-spelare som följde riktlinjerna. Två dagar senare släppte de ett pressmeddelande som löd typ "Vi ber så hemskt mycket om ursäkt över att ha hittat en bugg i mjukvaran till vår produkt. Om man trycker 1-4-open-x-play blir dvd-spelaren regionsfri. Vi är verkligen ledsna över detta och kommer att jobba hårt för att fixa felet i framtida versioner av produkten."

Länk till kommentar

allt snack om maktstrukturer kring pengar missar grejjen att det är ett frivilligt utbyte där båda parter gynnas.
Det borde pratas mer om maktstrukturer, patriarkat, könsmaktsordning, mm. Vad som specifikt borde sägas är att de är vansinniga, marxistiska konstruktioner helt utan bas i vetenskap eller verklighet som helt okritiskt accepterats av samtliga riksdagspartier och på sina ställen infogats i lag.

Det är att jämföra med att samtliga riksdagspartier i sina partimanifest skulle förneka att solen kretsar kring jorden och i vissa fall straffa människor som inte delade den meningen.

Det snällaste man kan säga om den här soppan är att idéerna kanske rättar till orättvisor och ineffektiviteter. Det elakaste man kan säga är rätt elakt.

Länk till kommentar

först lite terminologi:

A human being seeks, through action, to exchange a less satisfying state of being for a more satisfactory one. He prefers more goods to less, for therefore he can satisfy more wants or needs through their use (consumption). Furthermore, he must in every action consider, even if subconsciously, the time required to achieve his goal, for he prefers goods sooner rather than later. If this were not the case, and he cared only for a greater quantity of goods, he would always choose to employ the most productive methods of production. Robinson Crusoe would undertake to built a fishing trawler to catch his fish, and in the meantime, he would long be dead. But since to eat some fish before he dies of stavation, he demonstrates his time preference for fewer sooner goods rather than more future goods.

A human being also, however subconsciously, consider the durability of whatever goods he produces. Goods with a longer servicable lifetime will allow him to be more productive, and he prefers more goods to less. Therefore he prefers not only sooner goods to later one, but also more durable goods to less durable goods.

This is the phenomenon of time preference.

Every action requires some amount time to accomplish; time is scarce. A man's time spent on one action can never be regained and respent on another. Furthermore, man cannot not act. In sitting on the couch and watching TV a man exchanges the less satisfactory state of walking about or toiling for the more satisfactory state of leisure. His time is consumed during this action.

By acting a human being displays his preference, i.e. he displays his subjective valuation of alternate states of affairs or goods. Hence we see that, all other things being equal, sooner goods are always more valuable than later goods.

Hence, we see that man will only exchange the immediate consumption of present goods for the delayed consumption of future goods if he believes that by doing so he will attain more future goods that are more valuable than the current satisfaction he forgoes by not consuming the present goods. His degree of time preference determines how long he is willing to delay consumption and what premium in future goods he requires. The higher his time preference, the less willing he is to defer consumption, and the more valuable the rewards must be. The lower his time preferece, the more willing he is to defer consumption, i.e. the more willing he is save, and the more modest will be the future premium he requires.

Thus a lower time preference allows savings, i.e. the accumulation of unconsumed goods, i.e. the formation of capital and capital goods. Capital goods are goods that cannot be immediately consumed, but lead to increased production of future consumer goods. I cannot consume a spear. I must in fact forgo the satisfaction of picking and consuming berries in order to fashion my spear. But the spear once formed is a durable capital good. With it I may spear and consumer rabbits, which are far more satisfying than berries, for an extended period of time. I may be able to spear 20 rabbits before my spear is broken or blunted beyond repair. A low time preference allows savings and the formation of capital goods and leads to increased production of consumer goods.

But an increased quantity of consumer goods acts to lower time preference still more. As more and more wants and needs are satisfied, the remaining wants and needs are less urgent. An actor will be more willing to trade the consumption required to satisfy these less urgent needs for the savings required to produce still more goods of even higher value in the future. Since his needs are less urgent the premium he damnds will diminish and the time he is willing to defray consumption will extend, leading to ever larger accumulation of capital and capital goods, ever higher productivity, and hence ever larger quantities of consumer goods, which again act to lower time preference.

Furthermore, because the accumulation of capital and capital goods increases the demand for labor to increase productivity, the capital accumulated by the saver benefits not just the saver but non-savers as well. The saver exchanges some portion of his savings or production for the labor that his ever more efficient production processes necessitate. The increased goods (material wealth) of the laboring non-savers reduces their time preference, and they are themselves more willing to forgo immediate consumption for savings and accumulation of capital goods.

Society thus becomes wealthier and wealthier as lowered time preference leads to increased savings and accumulation of capital and capital goods, which leads to ever greater productivity, which continually lowers the degree of time preference in the population.

As the time preference of the population decreases, high time preference behaviors (behaviors that provide immediate satisfaction with little concern for long term consequences), like theft, murder, rape, rudeness, hedonism, etc. diminish.

Thus by ever decreasing time preference, society proceeds through ever higher states of civilisation.

så nu kan vi läsa texten:

As the most far-sighted saver-accumulators amass a larger and larger fortune in capital and capital goods, becoming more and more wealthy, their wealth acts an an incentive to high time preference individuals to aggress against them and take some portion of their property. In other words, it is more and more likely that individuals will choose to simply steal goods rather than toil to produce them or save to acquire them.

This in turn incentivizes these far-sighted saver-accumulators to invest capital in security as a means to deter, prevent, and acquire compensation for acts of aggression against their property. Large fortunes will require large and well trained security forces.

At the same time, the same qualities that allowed the wealthiest saver-accumulators to amass their fortune, far-sightedness and good decision making ability, make their opinions valuable in the community. The demand for labor created by their employment of capital in more roundabout and thus more productive processes makes the community wealthier and leads to a dependence on the wealthiest members of society. His large and well trained security forces make him a natural provider of security for the community, and his far-sightedness and good decision making make him a natural choice for arbitration of disputes.

Thus we have in natural elites all of the elements of a King. The ability of natural elites to then monopolize the provision of services like security and justice (and hence form governments) depends directly on the level of technology. Limited technology means that members of society are limited in their market choices, and monopolies are possible because of the limitations of, and time required for, travel and transport. If for example one man owns the only deposits of iron ore in the region, he has the advantage of an effective natural monopoly. But in a technologically advanced society, there are always dozens, if not hundreds or thousands of readily available producers of any conceivable natural resource or factor of production to choose from, just a phone call, a flight, or a cargo ship's trip away. Thus, natural monopolies become less and less possible as technology advances. Recall that so-called natural monopolies in telecommunications cease to exist with the advent of wireless technologies, for example.

But since society must proceed from a state of primitive civilization and technology to states of higher civilization and technology, it is reasonable to expect that early in this process Kings will arise and therefore governments.

The most important feature of monarchical government that we need to understand is that it is private government. The government coffers are his private fortune. The King's army and police are his private security forces. He owns the government, in a very real sense. Any courts he empowers are an extension of his private judicial decisions. There are several far reaching implications of this private government.

The taxes levied by the monarch, purportedly to provide security and justice, will necessarily remain low. Since the monarch is a wealthy individual, outlandish tax levies will be rightly viewed by the population as unjust and unnecessary, increasing the likelihood of a bloody and costly revolt. But beyond this, because the monarch is wealthy, his time preference is low. It is not in his interest to eat out the sustenance of his country through high levels of taxation. Rather it is in his interest that his subjects retain the far greater portion of their production such that they might reinvest it (because they themselves have low time preference) and allow the kingdom, and thus the king and his heirs, to become ever more wealthy. Hence the incentives point in a direction that acts to minimize the King's violations of his subjects property rights. For the same reason, it is in the monarch's best interest for the police or courts to function well, preserving the wealth of his subjects (so that only he can appropriate a small fraction).

During the entire monarchical age, tax levies rarely exceeded 5%. Government employment rarely exceeded 2%.

Contrast this with democratic-republican government, i.e. a public government. An elected president or other official does not own the government. He is not guaranteed to hold his position of power and hence he must maximize his own gains not via low time preference far-sightedness, but with high time preferenced plunder. Thus, democratic-republican governments will act to raise taxes and pervert justice as quickly as possible, and consume both the government's and citizens' capital as quickly as possible to enrich themselves.

The tendencey of the populace to revolt is curbed, because they are deluded into believing their government is "of the people, by the people, and for the people." It is difficult to see that government consumption is out of control when the government is not the private property of a single monarch or his family.

As the democratic-republican government plunders as quickly as it can, the trend of decreasing time preference slows, and may even halt and reverse. Former savers are incentivized to consume more and more, as they become more an more uncertain whether they will be allowed to keep their capital or the products thereof in the future. Since savings are disincentivized, capital formation slows, halts, and reverses. This drives up time preference even more. As society's time preference increases, the frequency of high time preference actions like robbery, assault, murder, rape, rudeness, hedonism, etc. increases.

In other words, the process of civilization has turned around, and decivilization proceeds at an ever increasing rate. Thus, democratic-republican governments end as cataclysmic kleptocracies that destroy society's capital, vastly increase the society's time preference, and result in an epidemic of violence that reduces the society to armed banditry and the rise of warlords, i.e. Kings, with local monopolies of the remaining capital goods like automatic weapons.

The time it takes the democratic-republican government to reach this end depends largely on the time preference of those in power. Wealthier democratic-republics, that are wealthier because they have a heritage of strong private property rights and capitalism tend to elect the wealthy (since the candidate that spends the most or nearly so wins almost uniformly), so their own time preference is relatively low, and their rate of plunder is constrained.

Poorer democratic-republican countries tend to have little heritage in property rights, elect high time preference offials who promise to take from the wealthy (low time preference) and give to the poor (high time preference), and plunder proceeds as quickly as possible. Such governments are highly unstable and may only last a few years before widespread violence (high time preference behavior) reigns supreme.

The modern wealthy democratic-republics have tax burdens that have risen steadily and quickly and now on average exceed 50%. Government employment now approaches 20%. Savings have plummetted while debit financing has skyrocketted. Real wages (relative to the money supply) have stagnated and begun to fall, indicating that real production is declining, despite ever greater productivity. All of these factors act to increase time preference in society and will exacerbate the problem. Plunder, crime, and violence will all accelerate. Savings, capital formation, productivity, and civlization will all continue to decline.

The western democratic-republics will eventually implode in an orgasm of plunder, violence, and decivilization.

It seems clear that monarchy is far better than democratic-republican government, and I didn't even go into the horrors of democratic-republican total war (beginning with the Napoleonic wars, through Lincoln's War, culminating in the ideological World Wars of the 20th century) versus the almost chess-like maneuverings of monarchic wars.

Many people erroneously conflate American and Western ascendencey with democratic-republic government. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is capitalism and the technological advancement it promotes, through the phenomenon of ever decreasing time preference, that has allowed the western world, and specifically America to flourish. This has been despite its form of government, not because of it. America was blessed by a particularly small government at its founding, and a cultural belief in constraining government, which allowed capitalism to make the nation wealthy. But inevitably the democratic-republican nature of its government will consume it.

Monarchy wins hands down. Unfortunately, monarchies are probably unstable. Because heirs do not have to be natural elites to inherit the throne, they do not have to possess superior qualities of far-sightedness and good decision making. It only takes one heir who does not see that he cannot overtax the population, pervert the definition of justice, and plunder his populace for a bloody and populist revolt to occur. Hence, monarchies may inevitably spawn democratic-republics.

citat av borodog från 2+2. era tankar?

Länk till kommentar

Wall of text

Oerhört välskrivet och med klockrena argument rakt igenom. Skeendena och dess efterverkningar är knivskarpt beskrivna imho.

(Som vanligt kommer jag fram till att att den bästa styrelsen för ett land är den med en upplyst despot med enbart folkets bästa för ögonen.

Och medan historiskt sett nästan alla furstar/premiärministrar what-have-yous har velat ge sken av att vara just en sådan har det knappt gått att finna en sådan altruistisk själ. Power corrupts etc.. But i digress :-))

Min slutsats är att vi är inne i en ond cirkel där frågan är vart vi går från vår nuvarande "demokrati" till: Ja vad då egentligen?

När demokratin urholkar sig själv, är den naturliga vägen av nödvändighet en tillbakagång; till diktatur.

När den totalitära staten av nödvändighet når fasen revolution>demokrati är vi tillbaka där vi är ~nu. Cirkeln är sluten. (Igen, tills nästa gång det sker.)

Ganska deprimerande om det stämmer :-)

Länk till kommentar

Något som torde intressera er, är Singapores mer eller mindre landsfader Lee Kuan Yew och det system han lyckades bygga där.

yep, fantastiskt resa landet har gjort. gått från att vara fattigt till att vara rikare än sverige på ingen tid alls och drar ifrån i sjukt högt tempo, 20% bnp-tillväxt iår säger prognoserna. deras elever presterar mycket högre än svenska i skolan så mycket tyder på att framtida generationer kommer ha högre produktivitet än svenska också. så många svenskar som verkar tro "men det är bara för att de är fattigare än oss, när de blir rika kommer deras tillväxt falla".

iaf, något både demokrater och antidemokrater säkert kan enas om i texten är att time preferences spelar roll och att manipulera folkets time preference åt fel håll( mha inflation etc) är väldigt dåligt och att göra folket rikt skapar low time preference vilket gynnar samhället.

David Friedman on “Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the rest.”

AUGUST 31, 2010

by flowidealism

In the comments on a controversy at Volokh Conspiracy, David Friedman provides the most sensible interpretation of the famous quotation “Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the rest.” Far from a backhanded compliment for democracy, the correct interpretation is that we should do as little by means of government as we possibly can:

I think the obvious implication of that quote, although not the one most people draw, is that all forms of government work pretty badly, hence one should, so far as possible, avoid doing things via government. It is, for instance, an argument for vouchers over public schools, or for an entirely private schooling system over vouchers.

It’s also an argument for not assuming that if you take a controversy to the government courts you will get a just result. Hence, in comparing that to private alternatives, including use by the parties to a dispute of non-governmental mechanisms for resolving it, you should assume that neither method can be counted on to give a just outcome, and choose between them allowing for the likely faults of both.

Länk till kommentar

Inga kommentarer här inne om valresultatet?

Själv tycker jag att det ska bli otroligt spännande att se vad som händer i svensk politik nu, de närmsta veckorna. Det ska bli intressant att se vem som samarbetar med vem, och hur det ska gå för de etablerade partierna, att hantera deras nya konkurrent (SD).

Länk till kommentar

lets go TLO!

nu gäller det, försvara den vita mannens ära!

Inga kommentarer här inne om valresultatet?

Själv tycker jag att det ska bli otroligt spännande att se vad som händer i svensk politik nu, de närmsta veckorna. Det ska bli intressant att se vem som samarbetar med vem, och hur det ska gå för de etablerade partierna, att hantera deras nya konkurrent (SD).

mest less på all rapportering och så less på alla på facebook som ska säga hur katastrof för sverige detta valet är. tycker allt är så överdrivet, visst de har rötter i nazismen men vänster har ju rötter i kommunism som dödade bra många fler(fråga till er, hur många ukrainare hade sovjet ihjäl 1932, fick ni lära er det i skolan? om inte varför tror ni kommunala sosseskolan inte ville lära ut det?). sossarna är ju rasister de med, de vill begränsa invandringen till 100 000 per år, att sd vill minska till europasnittet vilket motsvarar 50 000 är ju bara en lite mörkare nyans av grått. om de hade varit för fri invandring kan de ju fundera på att kasta första stenen, tills dess håll käft imo. säga att sammarbeta med SD inte går borde det ju enligt samma logik inte gå att sammarbeta med danmark, frankrike, schweiz, nederländerna med flera som redan för politik som är värre än de flesta förslagen sd lagt.

hela fruktan för att SD ska ha vågmästarroll och avgöra besluten är ju helt absurd. för att de ska kunna avgöra måste ju ett av de andra blocken ha samma åsikt som dem i frågan. de tycker förvisso ungefär samma sak så det lär säkert hända hela tiden, men det diskuteras ju inte som orsaken till problemet.

mest grinig att alliansen inte fick majoritet så hela debatten kunde vara över och folk kunde gå vidare.

för övrigt röstade jag på KLP, ska bli väldigt spännande att se hur många röster de fick :)

Länk till kommentar

funderar på att gå på ett pass med malin ewerlöf krepp.

Om någon är sugen på intervallträning med Malin Ewerlöf Krepp så är ni välkomna på torsdag kl 17.30 på Slottsskogsvallen.

Läs gärna mer här:

http://www.managementbymovement.se/2010/08/19/loptrana-med-mbm-i-host/

Kostnad: 300 kr per person

läser på om det hela:

http://www.sub40.se/krav.html

Har du vad som krävs?

Att kunna springa en mil under 40 minuter är idag relativt få förunnat. Ser man tillbaka ett par årtionden var antalet SUB40-löpare betydligt större än idag. Vad som föranlett denna stagnation är svårt att säga, men om vi ska våga oss på en kvalificerad gissning har senare års motionstrend snarare pekat mot ”må bra” – hållet än mot ”självplågar”-hållet. Att bli flåsig och snorig är helt enkelt inte lika hett idag som det var på 70- och 80-talet, ja ibland känns det nästan lika oförskämt som att svära i kyrkan...

Men den mentaliteten är det svårt att utvecklas[/b], särskilt som uthållighetsidrottare. Att träna för att springa under 40 är inte smärtfritt. Det kräver sin man eller kvinna; det kräver tid, ork och framför allt tålamod – både från en själv och personer i ens närhet. Man måste pressa sig, ligga på gränsen för vad kroppen tål. Ibland går man över gränsen och drar på sig en skada, det är varken kul eller bra men det är en ofrånkomlig del[/b] i att träna hårt och utvecklas.

Frågan är om du har vad som krävs...?

visst blir man övertygad? :mrgreen:

http://www.managementbymovement.se/2010/08/19/loptrana-med-mbm-i-host/

http://www.managementbymovement.se/files/2010/04/P40711891.jpg

fina löpsteg gänget har...

kommer säkert gå ändå, men känns som jag har helt annan inställning till löpning än de har :evil:

---

fina partier bland de längst ner här:

http://www.val.se/val/val2010/slutresultat/R/rike/index.html

NU TLO!

http://www.livestream.com/fishersc2

Länk till kommentar

sossarna är ju rasister de med, de vill begränsa invandringen till 100 000 per år, att sd vill minska till europasnittet vilket motsvarar 50 000 är ju bara en lite mörkare nyans av grått. om de hade varit för fri invandring kan de ju fundera på att kasta första stenen, tills dess håll käft imo. säga att sammarbeta med SD inte går borde det ju enligt samma logik inte gå att sammarbeta med danmark, frankrike, schweiz, nederländerna med flera som redan för politik som är värre än de flesta förslagen sd lagt.

Var hittade du de siffrorna? :)

Länk till kommentar

fråga till er, hur många ukrainare hade sovjet ihjäl 1932, fick ni lära er det i skolan?

Ett halvdussin miljoner har jag för mig. Läste om det i historia C på gymnasiet, enbart för att jag fick välja ämne själv dock. De flesta läste - surprise! - om franska revolutionen, igen.

mest less på all rapportering och så less på alla på facebook som ska säga hur katastrof för sverige detta valet är.

+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Länk till kommentar

Ett halvdussin miljoner har jag för mig. Läste om det i historia C på gymnasiet, enbart för att jag fick välja ämne själv dock. De flesta läste - surprise! - om franska revolutionen, igen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine#Inter-war_Soviet_Ukraine

rätt skrämmande att sådana saker inte är obligatoriska i historieundervisningen.

Länk till kommentar

2.6-10 miljoner och Holodomor. Bra minne. Vidrigt givetvis.

Jag bodde ett tag med en svensk och hans kanadensiska flickvän i Dublin. Historieundervisningen såväl i Kanada som på Irland verkar tio gånger mer bristfällig. Vi försökte ge henne och en irisk kompis lite basic info om diverse händelser i världshistorien vi tyckte är viktigare än att Gustav Vasa var en blandning mellan Stålmannen och Åsa-Nisse. Vet inte om hon eller vi blev mest skrämda.

Länk till kommentar

mest less på all rapportering och så less på alla på facebook som ska säga hur katastrof för sverige detta valet är. tycker allt är så överdrivet, visst de har rötter i nazismen men vänster har ju rötter i kommunism som dödade bra många fler(fråga till er, hur många ukrainare hade sovjet ihjäl 1932, fick ni lära er det i skolan? om inte varför tror ni kommunala sosseskolan inte ville lära ut det?). sossarna är ju rasister de med, de vill begränsa invandringen till 100 000 per år, att sd vill minska till europasnittet vilket motsvarar 50 000 är ju bara en lite mörkare nyans av grått. om de hade varit för fri invandring kan de ju fundera på att kasta första stenen, tills dess håll käft imo. säga att sammarbeta med SD inte går borde det ju enligt samma logik inte gå att sammarbeta med danmark, frankrike, schweiz, nederländerna med flera som redan för politik som är värre än de flesta förslagen sd lagt.

hela fruktan för att SD ska ha vågmästarroll och avgöra besluten är ju helt absurd. för att de ska kunna avgöra måste ju ett av de andra blocken ha samma åsikt som dem i frågan. de tycker förvisso ungefär samma sak så det lär säkert hända hela tiden, men det diskuteras ju inte som orsaken till problemet.

Att man talar mer om nazimens offer under WWII har ju inget med siffror att göra, eller jo till viss del men det är inte så att man tittar på vem som dödade flest(för det gjorde väl inte ens nazisterna?) utan den systematiska avrättningen. Koncentrationslägrena var menade för att mörda människor av viss bakgrund. De kommunistiska arbetslägrena var faktiskt arbetsläger där man inte hade som huvudavsikt att mörda folk även om de faktiska förhållandena var så dåliga att folk dog i mängder ändå. Att tro att socialdemokratin på ngt sätt skyddar/försöker tysta ner vad Sovjet gjorde är helt absurt. Argument som att kommunismen dödade minsann fler är tröttsamt.

Att jämföra SD med sossarna är också fel då enda skälet att de inte vill ta in alla är ju för att man vi försörja dem med välfärdsstaten och det är praktiskt omöjligt att öppna gränserna. Sossarna är inte rasister, däremot är ju SD rasistiska sossar.

Man är ju mest upprörd att det visar på förändrat samhälle snarare än att de får några mandat i riksdagen, det lär också lösa sig genom att MP går över till alliansen så kan SD få sitta där bäst de vill.

Länk till kommentar

Att man talar mer om nazimens offer under WWII har ju inget med siffror att göra, eller jo till viss del men det är inte så att man tittar på vem som dödade flest(för det gjorde väl inte ens nazisterna?) utan den systematiska avrättningen.

Elimination of Ukrainian cultural elite

Some researches found that the famine of 1932–1933 followed the assault on Ukrainian national culture that started in 1928.[citation needed] The events of 1932–1933 in Ukraine were seen by the Soviet Communist leaders as an instrument against Ukrainian self-determination. At the 12th Congress of the Communist Party of Ukraine, Moscow-appointed leader Pavel Postyshev declared that "1933 was the year of the defeat of Ukrainian nationalist counter-revolution."[47] This "defeat" encompassed not just the physical extermination of a significant portion of the Ukrainian peasantry, but also the mass imprisonment or execution of Ukrainian intellectuals, writers, and artists.

By the end of the 1930s, approximately four-fifths of the Ukrainian cultural elite had been eliminated.[48] Some, like Ukrainian writer Mykola Khvylovy, committed suicide. One of the leading Ukrainian Bolsheviks, Mykola Skrypnyk, who was in charge of the decade-long Ukrainization program that had been decisively brought to an end, shot himself in the summer of 1933 at the height of the purge of the CP(b)U. Whole academic organizations, such as the Bahaliy Institute of History and Culture, were shut down following the arrests.

låter rätt systematiskt för mig.

Dr. Michael Ellman of the University of Amsterdam argues that, in addition to deportations, internment in the Gulag and shootings (See: Law of Spikelets), there is some evidence that Stalin used starvation as a weapon in his war against the peasantry.[64] He analyses the actions of the Soviet authorities, two of commission and one of omission: (i) exporting 1.8 million tonnes of grain during the mass starvation (enough to feed more than five million people for one year), (ii) preventing migration from famine afflicted areas (which may have cost an estimated 150,000 lives) and (iii) making no effort to secure grain assistance from abroad (which caused an estimated 1.5 million excess deaths), as well as the attitude of the Stalinist regime in 1932–33 (that many of those starving to death were "counterrevolutionaries", "idlers" or "thieves" who fully deserved their fate). Based on this analysis he concludes, however, that the actions of Stalin's authorities against Ukrainians do not meet the standards of specific intent required to proof genocide as defined by the UN convention (the notable exception is the case of Kuban Ukrainians).[65] Ellman further concluded that if the relaxed definition of genocide is used, the actions of Stalin's authorities do fit the definition of genocide.[65]

Genocide scholar Adam Jones stresses that, while controversial, some of the actions of the Soviet leadership during 1931-32 should be considered genocidal. Not only did the famine kill millions, it took place against "a backdrop of persecution, mass execution, and incarceration clearly aimed at undermining Ukrainians as a national group."[66]

World_recognized.png

TLO :(

Länk till kommentar