Gå till innehåll

TV: Poker After Dark

pokermatti

Är inte Galfond lite nitig? Han var ju med några avsnitt av HSP och det var inte så kul. Byt ut honom mot KRANTZ så är linen komplett.

Nej Galfond är egentligen inte nittig, men han skulle egentligen spela $500k buy in dagen efter och jag har för mig att han inte hade råd att gambla bort pengar dagen innan då.

Tror också att det hade att göra med att Eli och Sammy spelade galnare än vanligt och därför anpassade sitt spel efter det.

Kommer ihåg att han förklarade det hela på 2+2 men kommer inte ihåg exakt vad han skrev men har för mig att det var ungefär så.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

• Svars 615
  • Created
  • Senaste svar

Top Posters In This Topic

Alltså seriöst, vad sysslar Phil hellmuth med i avsnit s04e26 med QQ?? Han måste va den vekaste jäkla spelaren som det gått så bra för...

Så vackert hur han motiverar det med "I'm Phil Hellmuth, i do these things". Klart han har en poäng i hur nya killen är tight men klart han höjer med en jävla mycket bredare range än QQ+, AK. Riktigt genomuselt.

Länk till kommentar

Va fan phillie har ju slutat o va så där weak det va ju därför han börja vinna igen men nu börjar han fega igen och det kommer kosta honom.

Som jag förstår det så har det snarare varit hans tankegångar att alla är ute efter honom som gjort att han försökt fånga bluffar osv som fått honom att gå lite sämre på sistone. Weak har han väl spelat väldigt många år nu känns det som.

Kan ha fel though, vore inte första gången. Kan ju alltid fråga matteprof :)

Länk till kommentar

Väldigt intressant startfält denna vecka när de kör Mayfair Club Week:

NBC’s Poker After Dark brings viewers an insightful look at how the game of poker evolved in New York City this week, as six players who frequented the legendary Mayfair Club will each put up $20,000 and compete for the $120,000 winner-take-all first prize. Those competing are pros Jay Heimowitz, Howard Lederer, Mickey Appleman, Dan Harrington, Steve Zolotow, and Mike Shichtman, the manager of the club during its heyday.

Originally a club for backgammon and bridge players, The Mayfair Club gradually transitioned into the premier underground poker club in The Big Apple until it was closed by authorities in the year 2000. But from the mid 1980’s until its closure, the Mayfair Club was a training ground for many of the game’s top professional players. In addition to the players featured this week, other notables who also played at this prominent club included Eric Seidel, Stu Ungar, Noli Francisco, Paul Magriel, and Jason Lester. The Chesterfield Club in the movie Rounders was even modeled after the Mayfair Club.

Heimowitz, Jay: (Seat 1)

· A native of Bethel, NY, he began playing poker at the age of 9 for baseball cards, and was one of the original players who established the Mayfair Club as an elite poker house

· Winner of 6 WSOP bracelets, and has played in every World Series since 1975, winning a bracelet in the first WSOP tournament he ever played in

· Career tournament winnings in excess of $1.91 million

· After leaving the Army at age 21 with $10,000 in poker winnings, he opened a beer and bottling company which would become a Budweiser distributorship two years later

· Highly regarded for his pleasant demeanor and respectful nature on and off the tables

Lederer, Howard: (Seat 2)

· Nicknamed “The Professor,” and one of the most respected of all players among his peers

· Has won two WSOP bracelets and two WPT titles

· Lifetime tournament winning in excess of $4.91 million, and ranks 36th on the all-time money list

· Won the $100,000 buy-in event at the 2008 Aussie Millions, good for nearly $1.1 million

· Highly regarded as a television poker commentator and analyst

Appleman, Mickey: (Seat 3)

· Long-time poker professional and highly successful sports bettor who was born on Long Island and now resides in Fort Lee, NJ

· Winner of 4 WSOP bracelets, all in different games, and played in his first World Series in 1975

· Lifetime tournament winnings in excess of $1.66 million

· Holds an MBA degree from Rutgers University, and taught statistics upon graduating, a background which has undoubtedly been instrumental in his success

· Once bet 32 people $20,000 each that he could break 100 on a golf course, and holed out a 49 yard shot from off the green on the 18th hole to shoot 99 and win $640,000

Harrington, Dan: (Seat 4)

· Former champion backgammon player, chess master, and bankruptcy lawyer who played poker at the Mayfair Club with Howard Lederer and Erik Seidel in the mid-1980’s

· 1995 World Series of Poker Champion, and winner of two WSOP bracelets and one WPT open title, the 2007 Legends of Poker Championship

· Known as “Action Dan,” he has lifetime tournament winnings in excess of $6.54 million, and ranks 23rd on the all-time money list

· Made the final table at the WSOP Championship event in both 2003 and 2004, an incredible accomplishment given the size of the fields

· Co-authored Harrington on Hold’em, Volumes 1, 2, and 3, which deal with NL hold’em tournament play, and just released two more books on playing in NLHE cash games

Zolotow, Steve: (Seat 5)

· Nicknames are “Z,” “Stevie Z,” and “The Bald Eagle”

· Winner of two WSOP bracelets, one in Chinese Poker

· Career tournament winnings in excess of $1.80 million

· Owner of several bars in New York City, and played poker at the prestigious Mayfair Club during its heyday

· Earned an MBA from NYU

Shichtman, Mike: (Seat 6)

· Long-time professional gambler who was born in the Bronx and now lives in New York’s Greenwich Village

· From the mid-1980’s was the majority owner of the Mayfair Club in New York, taking it from a bridge club to a club of poker prominence before it was closed in 2000

· Has been playing poker for nearly 6 decades, and still plays 2-3 times a week, mostly in private clubs or home games

· Currently serves as a consultant to an online poker site and to Duplicate Poker

· Married for 47 years and has one son

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27024362/

Helt klart intresanta spelare. Men tror dock att det lär bli grymt jävla tråkigt och segt att kolla på i oediterat format, får bli lördagens ihopklippning istället.

Länk till kommentar

Väldigt intressant startfält denna vecka när de kör Mayfair Club Week:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27024362/

Helt klart intresanta spelare. Men tror dock att det lär bli grymt jävla tråkigt och segt att kolla på i oediterat format, får bli lördagens ihopklippning istället.

För att citera en kommentar från pokertube:

i think i would rather pull my fingernails off than watch this.
Länk till kommentar

Tycker inte denna vecka var så mycket att ha trots att de lirade cashgame. Roligare spelare och lite bättre action under första cashgameveckan de körde. Men hoppas de kör mer cashgames och mindre turneringar i framtiden.

Kul att cardracket Eli som låg plus mer än $150k slutade back lite mer än $20k-$30k. Sjukt störande att de inte visar slutställningen hur det gick för samtliga, de visade det ju flera gånger under programmet annars.

Länk till kommentar

Tycker inte denna vecka var så mycket att ha trots att de lirade cashgame. Roligare spelare och lite bättre action under första cashgameveckan de körde. Men hoppas de kör mer cashgames och mindre turneringar i framtiden.

Kul att cardracket Eli som låg plus mer än $150k slutade back lite mer än $20k-$30k. Sjukt störande att de inte visar slutställningen hur det gick för samtliga, de visade det ju flera gånger under programmet annars.

Håller med om allt. Jag fattar verkligen inte hur Eli kan vara vinnande, jag tycker han spelar dåligt varje gång jag ser honom... plus att han e sanslöst dryg så jag fattar inte heller hur han kan ha några vänner... :-?

Länk till kommentar