Gå till innehåll

Highstakes railtråd - läs inlägg 1 innan ni postar

Drunken_Penguin

copypastat från 2+2:

Let me clear up a few items and misconceptions here.

First off, Lindgren is a huge degenerate. He's an Ivey type who doesn't feel satisfied with life unless he has every last dime in action some way. The prop bets you read about are just the tip of the iceberg with him. He's not necessarily a bad person or a scammer, but is just a sick gambler and is terrible with money.

Also similar to Ivey, Lindgren was getting by thanks to his high monthly distribution from Full Tilt. He wasn't getting Ivey/Lederer money, but he was getting a lot - I think something around $250k per month.

Despite this amazing income of around $3 million per year, Lindgren was always cash poor and struggled to pay his gambling debts. This has gone on for years.

I had a close personal friend who was owed 5 figures by Lindren about 4 years ago. Like the posters in this thread, it was from a high stakes fantasy league. The stories I'm reading here are all too familiar. The ignoring of messages. The false promises. The lack of urgency. The stalling. The eventual indignant attitude when you call him out. Everything you see happening now has occurred with him before.

So how does he keep getting fantasy action?

Because he's a fantasy donk. Much of this comes from his neglect of his fantasy teams. Everyone loves playing with him because it's like free money; if you can collect, that is!

After the terrible hassle my friend had with him, Lindgren finally paid up about 9 months late (after tons of broken promises and a lot of attitude.) I said to my friend, "Well, thank goodness that nightmare is over! You've obviously learned your lesson about playing in fantasy leagues with Erick Lindgren!"

Shockingly, my friend replied, "Oh no, I'll play with him again. It's free money. He always pays. You just have to be patient and lean on him for awhile."

People in this thread asked why people didn't get Lindgren to pay up front, and escrow the money with a trusted third party. It doesn't work that way. Just like poker, the huge fish often sets the rules of the game. If you tell Lindgren he has to pay up front to play in your fantasy league, he simply won't play. Your choice is to either play under his terms and hope you eventually get paid, or pass up his dead fantasy money. Most people chose the former.

Of course, now the Full Tilt gravy train has been derailed. This greatly changes things. Prior to April, 2011, Erick would (and did) pay his debts, provided you aggressively (but not TOO aggressively) prodded him. All it took was him having a good gambling month, and with $250k rolling in every 30 days, he had a lot of shots to run up the money. Now Erick is broke and has no income. He won't have any income. I think you can probably kiss any money he owes you goodbye, unless he binks a big tournament.

For those wondering how he can play the LAPC Main Event or semi-high-stakes NL cash games, it's most likely not his money. Erick is still both a good poker player and an A-list poker name. I'm sure he has no problem getting staked.

Even if he's not staked (which I believe he is), if he's down to his last, say, 50k, but owes $1 million combined to various people, he can't give you his last 50k. I mean, he can, but he won't. He sees that case money as his ammo to get himself out of the hole. I can totally feel for you guys being pissed when you see him entering $10k events while owing you $2800 and dodging you for months. Unfortunately, he probably owes 20 other guys the same $2800, plus many others a lot more, and you are no one special. You don't deserve to get paid ahead of anyone else.

With all of that said, while I'm sure some people were misled about Lindgren's financial status, a lot of the people crying foul knew very well what they were dealing with. They let Lindgren play fantasy on credit because he sucked at it, knowing full well that getting him to pay might be tough. You took a calculated risk and lost. This doesn't excuse Erick's actions, but most people in his fantasy leagues knew exactly what they were signing up for. The ones I truly feel sorry for are the ones who honestly didn't know, and thought Lindgren was solid as the Rock of Gibraltar.

The big Full Tilt distributions really ruined some people. Lindgren and Ivey are the first ones that come to mind. They developed some terrible gambling and money management habits, figuring that large sums of money would continue rolling in forever. Now theyr'e like addicts suffering from major withdrawal.

-----

länk: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=31841942&postcount=101

cliffs: han är en fisk på fantasyleagues, alltid haft mkt pengar(full tilt) så han har alltid låtits dra ut på tiden för att han är free-money. Nu har han inte pengaflödet längre från FTP. = folk är oroliga att inte få sina pengar.

han är i klass med phil ivey på degensidan, han har bara varit bättre offentligt med att inte visa det, men han måste ha varenda krona alltid ute på gambool.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Vidrigt, men ganska väntat av spelare från livescenen. Folk snackar alltid om det absurda värdet live, ändå är alltid dessa livegrinders skuldsatta degenerates utan varken deg eller moral. Lånar pengar och går under jord... Blir äcklad av pokerbranschen :evil:

edit: avdelning drar alla över en kam :/

Länk till kommentar

David Benyamine gråter knappast över att Lindgren är pank iaf.

Är Ivey verkligen så illa ute också?

Nej han sitter nog och njuter nu. :mrgreen: Jag har alltid trott att Lindgren var vettig och hade det riktigt fett. Men dessa "stjärnor" verkar fan vara helt blåsta och förtjänar att förlora allt dom har.

Länk till kommentar

Nej han sitter nog och njuter nu. :mrgreen: Jag har alltid trott att Lindgren var vettig och hade det riktigt fett. Men dessa "stjärnor" verkar fan vara helt blåsta och förtjänar att förlora allt dom har.

Problemet verkar ju vara att många av dom förlorar mycket mer än dom har!

Länk till kommentar

Har Lindgren öht kommenterat detta? Antar att någon postar här så fort han gör det?

Jag pratade med Erick i morse och han sa att pokern är död. Kände mig då manad att tipsa honom om Svenska Spel och vad som pågår där. Så i skrivande stund sitter Erick på planet över Atlanten på väg hem till sina svenska släktingar och sitt svenska personnummer. Antar att han kommer att dyka upp här på forumet rätt snart. Han blev i alla fall eld och lågor när jag berättade att några medlemmar har löst roulette. Erica börjar visst ledsna på att sälja bäver sju dagar i veckan strax utanför "stan".

Länk till kommentar

Jag pratade med Erick i morse och han sa att pokern är död. Kände mig då manad att tipsa honom om Svenska Spel och vad som pågår där. Så i skrivande stund sitter Erick på planet över Atlanten på väg hem till sina svenska släktingar och sitt svenska personnummer. Antar att han kommer att dyka upp här på forumet rätt snart. Han blev i alla fall eld och lågor när jag berättade att några medlemmar har löst roulette. Erica börjar visst ledsna på att sälja bäver sju dagar i veckan strax utanför "stan".

Fail%2BAt%2BLife%2B-%2BFail%2BIn%2BLife.png

Länk till kommentar