Gå till innehåll

Poker player immigration

Forh

Hi, guys. I have a very complicated question for your community and ask for your help. I’m a professional poker player. Before this year I lived in Ukraine. But when the war started, I moved to Europe. Since my childhood, I was in love with Scandinavian countries, and last several years I often visited Sweden, Norway and Denmark. I like Sweden most of all and now I’m searching for possible ways to move to Sweden for living. So I have a question, are there any possible variants to moving to Sweden as a poker player and getting a residence permit? I know that poker players can move to Canada in a legal way, they just need to register as self-employed persons with a special form for poker players. Maybe you know something similar in Sweden. I really hope for your help because the war has changed my life, I have no home anymore and should start life in a new country from the very beginning. I want to make the right choice and life in Sweden seems the right choice for me and my family. Also, Sweden is loyal to poker players and I like the fact it’s clear and regulated. I’ve made some research about taxes for poker players and a 30% tax for poker income seems perfect for our profession. So I hope I can move, pay taxes and live a normal life. Thanks to everyone who will answer me!

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

One good news, and one bad. Which one do you want to hear first?

Good: Poker is tax free, as long as you play on the regulated sites under the Swedish license (and a few other exceptions)

Bad: You will not get a residence permit as a poker player. But you say that you lived in Ukraine - are you Ukrainian or other nationality? If you are Ukrainian, you will get a temporary stay visa here as long as the war lasts.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser