Gå till innehåll

An Italian player would like to move in Sweden

mario89

Hello,

I am an Italian student and player. I would run away from Italy, as soon as possible. I was looking for a community poker player in Scandinavia, and I found...donkr! Initially, I wrote on the Norwegian forum, to collect information about the legal and tax situation of poker in Northern Europe...and they sent me here, because they explained me that Sweden is the best place to play on-line in law...

can you explain me precisely what is the legal and tax status of online poker in Sweden? I can tell what I already know, or at least believe .

The online poker in Sweden is legal, right? The EU sites are tax free, non EU are tax more than 100k SEK...it's right? and, finally, what's the Svenska Spel?

Help me. Moving to Scandinavia is my dream !

Thanks, best regards,

Mario

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Sounds scammy, but oh well I'll give you a serious reply.

The tax-situation is that all sites/networks that has license within EU are taxfree, that includes most ipoker/prima/ongame/boss sites, it does however not include Pokerstars or even Pokerstars.FR/Pokerstars.IT.

The 100K SEK you're talking about is most likely a misunderstanding. People are advised not to withdraw more than 100K SEK in one transaction as the banks are forced by law to report all non-domestic transfers over 150K SEK to the swedish IRS, otherwise you could techanically play on non-taxfree sites such as Pokerstars and get away with it unless you're being audited or under random inspection.

Svenska Spel is a swedish site and company owned by the swedish government. It's a bit like other domestic sites/networks, the value is generally better, but you're required to have swedish social papers to be able to play there and there's no rakeback on it whatsoever. Also, the client is the same as Boss'.

Edit:

Also, I think the tax laws applies only to your own nationality unless you get double nationality or change nationality, not sure though.

Länk till kommentar

this man makes to much sense, can't be italian. I suspect a long-winded scamattempt, target: IFS.

On a more serious note, OsantVassSpelare gave you pretty much it all :) Hope everything works out for you and good luck. Id like to add that even if Svenska Spel does not have rakeback they only rake 2,5% rather than the usual 5% up to the cap which itself is 'rakeback' in the sense of it gives your bb/100 a small boost. (cap is also lower i believe.)

Länk till kommentar

The tax-situation is that all sites/networks that has license within EU are taxfree, that includes most ipoker/prima/ongame/boss sites, it does however not include Pokerstars or even Pokerstars.FR/Pokerstars.IT.

The 100K SEK you're talking about is most likely a misunderstanding. People are advised not to withdraw more than 100K SEK in one transaction as the banks are forced by law to report all non-domestic transfers over 150K SEK to the swedish IRS, otherwise you could techanically play on non-taxfree sites such as Pokerstars and get away with it unless you're being audited or under random inspection.

Svenska Spel is a swedish site and company owned by the swedish government. It's a bit like other domestic sites/networks, the value is generally better, but you're required to have swedish social papers to be able to play there and there's no rakeback on it whatsoever. Also, the client is the same as Boss'.

Edit:

Also, I think the tax laws applies only to your own nationality unless you get double nationality or change nationality, not sure though.

Just a piece of advice: If you are uncertain, do not bother giving advice since it may be incorrect or confusing. The issue of license with regards to taxation has been discussed here at Pokerforum in numerous posts over and over again. The Swedish Tax Agency has also issued a statement and concludes that where the gambling licence is issued is not relevant when it comes to taxation. What governs is where the company (poker site) is operating from.

About your editing: All people living in Sweden are liable for taxation in Sweden if they live here long enough no matter if they are Swedish citizens or not.

Also: The capital gains tax is 30% in Sweden, hence are earnings on non-EU/EES gambling sites taxed with 30%.

Having said all this, I wish you a Happy Christmas! :-)

Länk till kommentar

this man makes to much sense, can't be italian.

If I understood the meaning (I apologize, but my english is painful...), it's because I have some reason, I want escape from Italy...

I'll briefly explain well what is my idea...I will not go away from Italy to play poker, not only...although, of course, I do not like the "ghetto" in which the Italian players are locked. If it was just a matter of poker, I believe, I could go in UK, I believe, would be the best solution for this purpose. Rather, I want to change the social model in which to live (but that's another story, much larger). Is Scandinavia the solution? Obviously, I cannot know, but I can try. Italy is my country and obviously not an easy choice (and, especially, would be a radical change), but I'm 22 years old, and this is the right time to try. Italy is a dead nation, unrecoverable. There is no planning for the future, to pay only the weakest, the middle-class in being wiped out, no longer even have a national sovereignty that isn't apparent...I want to escape from this situation, before it's too late.

For it, I thought to Sweden (or another Scandinavian country), where I hope to find a bit of what I imagine it means to live in a acceptable society.

But, unfortunately or not, my actual "work" is poker. For this reason, planning a leap into void, I need at least a safe harbor that allows me to integrate myself into a new world.

And it is for these reasons that I interest to know the legal and tax situation in Sweden. I hope I have clarified my intentions (and I'm sorry for having dwelt...). So, you think Sweden is right for me? If I move I want to be in a situation that's perfectly legal, and not havinga any problems, or breaking the rules.

In conclusion, from what I understand:

- EU sites are tax free, right? What are the EU networks? If I play on these networks, there is no problem, right?

- Non-EU sites are tax for 30%, right? taxes are calculated on the net profit, I hope...again, if I pay taxes, have the absolute legal?

Thank you for all, you are giving me a big help and I really hope, in a few months, to come to Sweden...

Länk till kommentar

Obviously a scam in the works.
I suspect a long-winded scamattempt, target: IFS

Spanade efter "glimten-i-ögat" hintar i era inlägg, fann ej.

Omöjligt att inte anmärka på hur jävla illa det låter att anklaga honom för någonting öht.

Han vill bara flytta änsålänge va? Har jag missat delen där han vill dela lgh och bli stakead av en svensk i pokercommunityt?

Skulle ni nånsin komma på tanken att sätta bedragar-stämpel på någon svensk PFare som ska hyra en 300kvm villa i Costa Rica, bo där i 18 månader och har lite funderingar kring skattesituationen där, bara för att?

Länk till kommentar

Spanade efter "glimten-i-ögat" hintar i era inlägg, fann ej.

Omöjligt att inte anmärka på hur jävla illa det låter att anklaga honom för någonting öht.

Han vill bara flytta änsålänge va? Har jag missat delen där han vill dela lgh och bli stakead av en svensk i pokercommunityt?

Skulle ni nånsin komma på tanken att sätta bedragar-stämpel på någon svensk PFare som ska hyra en 300kvm villa i Costa Rica, bo där i 18 månader och har lite funderingar kring skattesituationen där, bara för att?

Du är visst ny på Internet va?

Länk till kommentar

I'm sorry, but...what happens? Why you're writing in Swedish? Obviously, I don't understand anything...is this the goal?

I wrote a long post last night but I see that no one responded, and the discussion is taking a different route...why?

Please try to answer to my doubts, it's really important...I hope that you can...thanks.

Mario

Länk till kommentar

I'm sorry, but...what happens? Why you're writing in Swedish? Obviously, I don't understand anything...is this the goal?

I wrote a long post last night but I see that no one responded, and the discussion is taking a different route...why?

Please try to answer to my doubts, it's really important...I hope that you can...thanks.

Mario

This forum is filled with your average internet forum user; low self esteem but they build it up by pointing out other peoples flaws/faults and thats pretty much the only reason loads of people post here. No offence to the people above in this thread, not pointing any fingers at you specifically. If I were you Mario, I'd try to get some nice guys' skype from writing a PM to someone in this thread that actually responded seriously and ask your questions directly to him through skype instead. GL.

Länk till kommentar

Sorry, Mario - should have written in english for full closure, although my post wasnt directly related to your matter.

People who chimed in here accused you of having malicious intents, i have no idea why they would make such an assumption given that your questions only concerned the tax situation in Sweden.

An issue that users here regularly are curious about.

Completely mind-baffled about this fact i couldnt help but asking these men where in your query you show signs of being a a fraud. (clearly your post never suggested anything like that)

As JackVegas said earlier, the people who post here are in general extremely obnoxious and preeminent, while i like to think of JackVegas as an idiot himself, he is correct in this statement.

Länk till kommentar

In conclusion, from what I understand:

- EU sites are tax free, right? What are the EU networks? If I play on these networks, there is no problem, right?

- Non-EU sites are tax for 30%, right? taxes are calculated on the net profit, I hope...again, if I pay taxes, have the absolute legal?

Thank you for all, you are giving me a big help and I really hope, in a few months, to come to Sweden...

Online gambling is definitely legal in Sweden. You are free to play on whatever site you want as a Swedish resident as long as there are no national limitations of course.

So, which sites are tax free and which are not? The simple answer is, which is pointed out before here, that EU sites are tax free and non-EU sites are not. To understand which sites are located and operated from an EU country you need to read the particular site's terms and conditions. If it is located in for example Gibraltar, Cyprus or Malta, it is tax free. If it is located on let's say the Isle of Man or the Caribbean it is not tax free.

Partypoker, to name an example, is operated from Gibraltar and therefore tax free for Swedish residents. Other tax free sites are Nordicbet and Unibet, to name just a couple.

Pokerstars is in the eyes of the Swedish Tax Agency not tax free but considering it is the biggest poker site in the world and have the largest tournaments and therefore the largest purses it is an attractive site to play on even if you have to report your poker earnings once every year to the authorities and pay 30% tax on gross earnings.

Let me also conclude by saying that Swedish bureaucracy is a wet dream compared to most other European countries.

Länk till kommentar

Sorry, Mario - should have written in english for full closure, although my post wasnt directly related to your matter.

People who chimed in here accused you of having malicious intents, i have no idea why they would make such an assumption given that your questions only concerned the tax situation in Sweden.

An issue that users here regularly are curious about.

Completely mind-baffled about this fact i couldnt help but asking these men where in your query you show signs of being a a fraud. (clearly your post never suggested anything like that)

As JackVegas said earlier, the people who post here are in general extremely obnoxious and preeminent, while i like to think of JackVegas as an idiot himself, he is correct in this statement.

every thread like this on the internet, in the past the years have been fishy in some way. but if people just are careful and answer his questions and not exchange skype/msn etc they should be safe.

Länk till kommentar

every thread like this on the internet, in the past the years have been fishy in some way. but if people just are careful and answer his questions and not exchange skype/msn etc they should be safe.

Bolded is obviously not even remotely true.

Skype:ing/using MSN doesnt mean ur bound to tell him your password or run Teamviewer, if anything it is a better way to communicate.

Länk till kommentar

If you send me a PM with your full name, so I can add you on Facebook or whatever. Then I can answer any questions you want.

Not using Skype or MSN very often, so Facebook will probably be the best option.

Btw. Is your goal to come to Sweden and study, or just to play poker?

Scamming the scammer, what a brave templar!

Länk till kommentar

If I understood the meaning (I apologize, but my english is painful...), it's because I have some reason, I want escape from Italy...

My comment was a compliment :) Your english is way better than the average italian person i have come across over the years on the pokertables. I was not mean to you in any way or of that sort the only thing I said that I guess was appearantly questionable was a little "needle" to another swedish forumposter.

I am pretty sure tho he didn't get offended by it, he is fully equiped against the evils of internets even tho he is one of the youngest successful players posting here, and if he did. Sorry IFS!

Länk till kommentar