Gå till innehåll

Tax declaration / tax advisor

Hi guys,

I moved to Sweden 2014 and I am taxable here 2015. During 2015, I cashed out some poker winnings. Some days ago, I got my tax declaration form from Skattevärket and my cashouts are listed under "Uppgifter som du själv ska redovisa i deklarationen".

The winnings are from PartyPoker, which is EU-based, so I shouldn't have to pay taxes. But how do I communicate that? Where do I put the amount and what sort of proof do I have to have to attach (withdrawl confirmation or even hand histories?)

I have no idea, that's why I am looking for a tax advisor in Stockholm who's familiar with the subject. I don't want to make any mistake here and get into unnecessary trouble.

Thanks!

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

It is a good idea to mention it on the form if Skatteverket lists it on your tax declaration. I would write something like "pokerwinnings from Party Poker are tax free according to Skatteverket".

Also, Skatteverket has a no cost support line by phone. Might be a good idea to call them and ask how to do it.

Länk till kommentar

I just called them, the lady obviously didn't know much about poker and taxes. But I guess I am just going to attach a seperate sheet with withdrawal confirmations from Party and an explanation.

I already see this will cause me more trouble -- how would they know whether the money was actually won on Party (it was) or just transferred there to cashout?

How do you guys in Sweden usually cash-out if not directly to the bank account? I was actually a bit puzzled that my bank forwards the information to Skatteverket. Maybe Skrill/NT -> bank account?

Länk till kommentar

I just called them, the lady obviously didn't know much about poker and taxes. But I guess I am just going to attach a seperate sheet with withdrawal confirmations from Party and an explanation.

I already see this will cause me more trouble -- how would they know whether the money was actually won on Party (it was) or just transferred there to cashout?

How do you guys in Sweden usually cash-out if not directly to the bank account? I was actually a bit puzzled that my bank forwards the information to Skatteverket. Maybe Skrill/NT -> bank account?

Your bank has to send such Info to Skatteverket, if the $$$ is big enough. Welcome to Sweden :-)

Party -> Bank is much better than Party -> Skrill -> Bank account, because the latter implies that you have anything to hide.

You have nothing to hide, dont worry. Just send in a note saying that these winnings are Taxfree from Party Poker, according to Skatteverkets own homepage http://www.skatteverket.se/privat/skatter/arbeteinkomst/internationellainkomster/deklarerainkomsterfranutlandet/deklarerapokervinster/skattepliktigapokersidor.4.133ff59513d6f9ee2eb5471.html?q=partypoker

and be prepared to maybe also send cashout account history from Party.

Länk till kommentar

I was not able to quote Mr Brandborns post and I hope I will not go to much OT here.

But when u say "Your bank has to send such Info to Skatteverket, if the $$$ is big enough."

Do you have any idea in wich ballpark that amount is located in?

Redigerad av CharlesRane
Länk till kommentar

The 150k SEK line is for mandatory reporting by financial institutions, or at least was a few years ago. That does not mean smaller sums will always go unnoticed. Some banks may have other policies, and e.g. four separate 50k SEK transfers within a few days may very well trigger the system as well.

It's also worth noting that regulations have gradually become stricter during the past few years, as the EU and the US are both trying to crack down on money laundering by assigning way too much responsibility to banks.

Länk till kommentar