Gå till innehåll

Participate in an on-line poker study

Herrasmies

Hello,

I write on behalf of a Finnish research team affiliated with the University of Helsinki. We're looking for poker players to participate in an on-line study about poker decision-making, poker playing experience, and emotion regulation. I kindly invite everyone even slightly interested to participate:

http://fppvu.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1CiLv38g8Trelyl

The survey is somewhat long, and it takes about 30-40 minutes. I understand well that this is longer than what Internet surveys typically take – your participation would thus be greatly appreciated. More information is provided on the page linked to above. The survey is in English, and therefore decent skills in English are required.

Our previously published academic articles of the same topic can be found at

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10899-012-9311-3?LI=true

and

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10899-012-9339-4?LI=true

(for those who are interested in the above articles, but can't access them, please email me)

Please feel free to advertise the survey link above. I wish all poker players the best!

P.S. This invitation was approved by Valterego (admin at pokerforum.nu)

Sincerely,

Jussi Palomäki (jussi.palomaki[at]helsinki.fi)

University of Helsinki

Institute of Behavioural Sciences

Cognitive Science unit

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

took 45 min to fill in for me.

a bit tough english in some questions

would have been better to use four color deck to better descibe those questions that involved cards.

otherwise a nice and proffesional survey

thanks

/gamblob

Thank you for the feedback!

And thanks to those who have already filled the survey! Perhaps I should emphasize the fact that there are some interesting poker decision-making tasks in the survey also, which might make it worthwhile for those players who feel the length is too taxing :)

Länk till kommentar

I just did the survey, it was pretty fun. I thought the poker examples could have been done more realistic though.

Also, the typical question you often get about whether you try to win back lost money on another day. I think that is a pretty silly question, of course you have to try to win back money lost. (Doesn't matter if you are a problem gambler or not). Unless you decide to quit playing altogether...

Länk till kommentar

I just did the survey, it was pretty fun. I thought the poker examples could have been done more realistic though.

Also, the typical question you often get about whether you try to win back lost money on another day. I think that is a pretty silly question, of course you have to try to win back money lost. (Doesn't matter if you are a problem gambler or not). Unless you decide to quit playing altogether...

Thanks!

It's somewhat hard to comment on your notion without giving too much away, so let's just say that I don't at all disagree with you :).

Länk till kommentar

• 2 weeks later...
I apologise for bringing this post up again. We're about half-way there with the answers to our survey we need. The survey will be up for about 1-2 more weeks. Thanks again to those who have already filled the survey. We still need some more participants, though! :)

Sincerely,

Jussi Palomäki

We're soon closing the survey. Thanks again to everyone who have already taken it! There is still some time left, though, and every participant is greatly valued! :).

Länk till kommentar