Gå till innehåll

Participate in a study about online poker betting!

Herrasmies

Greetings!

I’m a postdoctoral researcher working at Newcastle University (UK), and I study decision making in poker. My collaborators and I have previously published a number of articles on the topic of “tilting” in poker. My PhD thesis on this topic can be found at: https://helda.helsinki.fi/handle/10138/41569

(Last year I also advertised a poker study on this forum. We just recently published an article related to that study at: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10899-014-9454-5 )

Currently, we’re studying betting behaviour in online poker. We’ve prepared and online survey and we’re hoping to get as many poker players as possible to fill it. Filling the survey takes 20-25 minutes. A prize of 4 x $50 Amazon.com gift-certificates will be drawn between participants.

The survey can be found at:

http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/jussi.palomaki/

I’m more than happy to answer any questions!

Sincerely,

Jussi Palomäki

p.s. This post has been approved by the forum admin.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

A prize of 4 x $50 Amazon.com gift-certificates will be drawn between participants.

I think you can expect ~500 participants based on your previous study (n=459).

Thus the expected value of my participation in your study is a measly $0.4 or 2 kronor änd typ 70 öre.

Please add some scarcely clad females to improve the overall EV of this survey, thank you.

Länk till kommentar

Thus the expected value of my participation in your study is a measly $0.4 or 2 kronor änd typ 70 öre.

Please add some scarcely clad females to improve the overall EV of this survey, thank you.

Tänk att få bo i slaktis hjärna en dag..

Roligaste och smartaste forumiten lätt!:-D

Länk till kommentar

Actually, typically only about 60-70% of participants give their email addresses, so the EV is, in fact, about $0.60 :).

I'll also consider your suggestion for our further studies.

Länk till kommentar

This will be my final post :)!

The survey will be closed in about 24 hours! There is still time to take it, if you haven't already! I guarantee the links are completely safe.

Thanks once again for everyone who helped us conducting this research! I really appreciate it!

Best,

Jussi

Länk till kommentar