Gå till innehåll

STUDIEGRP: Hold'em Brain - Avsnitt 3

toppace

Exklusivt för studiegruppen på pokerforum.nu

King säger att det är en grov "draft" men här följer den.

tyvärr kan man inte bifoga en wordfil så här är den i textformat.

The Value of Position: An example against a simple opponent

The value of any position is tough to determine. It is as difficult to determine as the question “How much should I expect to win with AA?” Simulations against reliable opponents would be a good way to estimate these answers. With the difficulty of pinpointing the exact value of position, it is more educational to see the value of position using a sample hand against a simple opponent.

Let’s assume you know the opponent is passive and normally will not bet unless he has a strong hand. This means when he bets, he usually has you beat, but he is willing to call with many second best hands that others would not. When you have a better hand, you will win more money from him than against normal players because he will call.

You have T9s. Your opponent has been typically passive throughout the hand. This could mean you have the best hand, but you are not as sure against this opponent since he would play as passively even with a pair of T’s with a better kicker.

The board on the River is: T-8-5-3-Q rainbow

Although your opponent is passive, you can still count on him to bet if he catches something good. So in this hand, you can count on him to bet if he has caught a straight or a top pair of Q’s. Many passive players will not check-raise, and we will assume this is one such player.

If your opponent did not improve on the River, then it does not matter in this hand whether you act first or last.

If your opponent caught a straight or a top pair of Q’s….

….and you act first, then you still have to bet because he will call with worse hands as well. And he is more likely to have a worse hand than a better hand.

….and you act last, then you have the opportunity to see what he does first. If he bets, you can fold and save a bet that you would have lost if you had acted first.

Let’s put some hypothetical percentages to the type of hand your opponent has.

A missed draw: 25%

A worse hand than yours, but one that will call a bet: 50%

A better hand than yours by a little bit: 12.5%

A better hand than yours by a lot: 12.5%

When he has a better hand than yours by a lot, he will be happy to bet or raise. If he has a better hand than yours by a little, he will just check or call.

Here is a table that shows how much you will win or lose on the River when you act first or last.

Your opponent’s hand You Act First You Act Last

A missed draw 0 0

A worse hand than yours 1 1

Better hand by a little -1 -1

Better hand by a lot -1 0

Notes:

1. If your opponent bets on the River, you can safely fold.

2. You should always bet when he checks, because the probability he has a worse hand than yours is much greater than the probability that he has a better hand by a little.

3. We are assuming that if your opponent has a better hand by a lot, it is because the River card improved his hand to either a straight, two pair or a top pair of Q’s.

With these assumptions, we can quantify the value of your position in this hand.

EV when you act first: (25% x 0) + (50% x 1) + (12.5% x -1) + (12.5% x -1) = +0.25

EV when you act last: (25% x 0) + (50% x 1) + (12.5% x-1) + (12.5% x 0) = +0.375

In this hand, against this opponent, the value of acting last is worth 0.125 big bets. Situations like this will repeat themselves all the time. Gaining an extra 0.125 big bets here and there really adds up over time.

This was an example with a simple opponent and a simple outlay of cards. However, it should be clear from it that the decision making is easier when you act last versus when you act first. This is because you have much more information to make a decision when you act last.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

boken länken försvinner 20/5.

Hej!

Här kommer lite uppgifter, alldeles för sent pga massa strul. Sorry

1. Vad menas med relativ postion?

2. Yao skriver att "Position can change from round to round", vad är viktigt i detta stycke?

3. Varför är sen position bättre än tidig?

4. De två sista positionerna innan blindarna, vad heter de på engelska?

5. Varför är det lättare att ha koll på pottoddsen i senare position?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Publicera gärna era svar här direkt i tråden. Detta för att få lite fart!

Lycka till!

Länk till kommentar

ok eftersom jag inte erhållit ett enda ´svar denna vecka misstänker jag att frågorna var för svåra :).

Vad vill ni ha som nästa stycke?

Outs och pottodds eller starting hands?

Majoriteten i denna tråd vinner. På lördag kväll slutar omröstningen.

Länk till kommentar

sorry, jag har haft tentor... ge mig någon dag så svarar jag :)

angående outs och pottodds, så gillade inte jag det kapitlet. hans metod med good och bad number orkar iaf inte jag köra med. lite mer intressant för denna studiegruppen anser jag vore om alla berättar om hur de brukar göra när de räknar outs och pottodds.

själv så har jag en stor tabell med vilka summor man behöver för dels olika limit, dels för turn och för river för de olika antal outsen. men den har man nästan lärt sig på rutin. så man vet ungefär hur man ska spela. ibland om det är väldigt tveksamt så slår jag upp det i tabellen. sedan så har man PO som ger direkt vilka odds man har att förbättra sin hand. så oftast om det PO som jag lite lat kollar vad den säger.

Länk till kommentar

1. Vad menas med relativ postion?

hur man sitter i förhållande till någon annan. t ex mot en motståndare som har ett förväntat beteende, t ex raisade förra rundan och därmed kan antas beta även nästa.

2. Yao skriver att "Position can change from round to round", vad är viktigt i detta stycke?

beror på reglerna i spelet. helt enkelt om man är tidigt ute och checkar så om spelaren efter en betar så blir man sist att agera på rundan. detta innebär också att om man är sist ut, men spelaren innan betar så har man en viss osäkerhet efter sig. detta kan man utnyttja på många sätt. t ex genom att checkraisea från smallblind på floppen för att på så vis tvinga alla att lägga en bet till.

3. Varför är sen position bättre än tidig?

man har mer information att gå efter när man fattar sitt beslut. läs gärna den texten som king yao skrev här innan. väldigt talande.

4. De två sista positionerna innan blindarna, vad heter de på engelska?

CO-cut off, button

5. Varför är det lättare att ha koll på pottoddsen i senare position?

chansen att man stänger rundan är högre. sedan så har man mer information också.

Länk till kommentar