Gå till innehåll

CL riggat?

brainslicer

Mystery as Champions League draw appears on internet two hours early

Controversy surrounded the Champions League draw today after the full slate of quarter-final ties - including Liverpool v Arsenal, Manchester United v Roma and Chelsea v Fenerbahce - were predicted nearly two hours in advance on the internet.

Though there is no suggestion that anything untoward occurred, details of a supposedly 'rigged' draw emerged on various websites at 10.28am on Friday morning.

It was claimed that the odds of anyone guessing the full draw - including which quarter-final winners would be drawn against each other in the semi-finals - were 191/1.

A UEFA spokesman said: "There is no way the draw was rigged. This was a draw made in front of millions of television viewers and in front of the officials and management of all the club. I just don't see how that can be possible. The balls were not marked at all, they were put in the bowls and shuffled around before they were drawn. I was at the draw this morning and it was all done properly. I cannot understand how this happened."

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser