Gå till innehåll

PLO - Pokerquiz om Omaha!

OV1

Quiz 1 (warm up)

The poker game in question is Omaha Pot Limit. Try to find out what cards the players have.

The flop is spA spK and dK

Player 1

” I have the nuts but can still improve my hand. If i improve my hand, i’m unbeatable.”

Player 2

”If you have the nuts I can still improve my hand and beat you, in two ways! I have at the moment second nut hand and there are two cards in the deck that helps me to make the nut hand. One of the two cards makes my hand improved but is therefrom still improvable. The other card make my hand THE NUTS and is therefrom not improvable. If I hit on the turn, then you have no outs.”

Player 1

”I can tell you right away that you have no outs. Whatever you bet I’ll raise you.”

Questions

1. What cards are you sure about the players have?

2. What different hands can the players have?

3. How can player 1 improve his hand?

4. How does player 1 know that he is unbeatable if he improves his hand?

Quiz 2

The poker game in question is Omaha Pot Limit. Try to find out what cards the players have.

The flop is spA spK and dK

Player 1

” I have the nuts but can still improve my hand. If i improve my hand, i’m unbeatable.”

Player 2

”If you have the nuts I can still improve my hand and beat you, in two ways! I have at the moment second nut hand and there are three cards in the deck that helps me on the turn, one or another way. One of these three cards make my hand the nuts. If i hit that card on the turn, then is my hand therefrom not improvable. Still if i hit it, i think you can beat me on the river with a lucky strike. If i hit one of the other two cards I haven’t actually improved my hand but is therefrom improvable. Then I have two outs on the river.”

Player 1

You are wrong about one thing. If you get the nuts on the turn, i don’t have any outs on the river i can tell you.

Player 2

Then I can tell you that you can’t improve your hand at all.

Player 1

With the information i have given you, you can’t know that for sure.

Questions

3. What does player 1 mean in the last sentence? "With the information i have given you, you can’t know that for sure."

Written by Marcus Nathan

* RP och flytt till Övriga - QoS *

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Okej jag är inte brightast i stan, men här kommer mina svar/gissningar.

(kan väl knappast räknas som spoiler, men jag lämnar en massa tomma rader i vilket fall)

Den första spelaren har rimligtvis helt säkert :diamond:A, och de två sista kungarna.

Den andre spelaren bör ha :club:A och :heart:A, men då får jag inte riktigt ihop det vilket det andra kortet skulle vara som förbättrar dennes hand.

Den förste killen bör ha som fjärde kort ett som ger chans på en runner-runner-royal. Dvs :diamond:Q/J/T

Den andre snubben är ett mysterium ;)

3. How can player 1 improve his hand?

Genom de två löpande royalkorten.

4. How does player 1 know that he is unbeatable if he improves his hand?

Royals är typ starka.

Den andra quizen skiter jag i för jag känner att jag är så hopplöst fel ute :)

Länk till kommentar

Rätt att player 1 har KK och ett till A. (beöver dock inte vara ruter) Varför det då inte behöver vara ruter? Är det något annat drag han har kanske?

Om man koncentrerar sig på vad player 2 säger, att han kan vinna på två sett, och båda dem sätten är fyrkortsdrag.(alltså inget runner-runnerdrag) Vilka drag kan det vara?

När player 1 då i slutet säger att player 2 inte kan förbättra sin hand, vad kan han själv då ha?

Länk till kommentar

• 2 years later...

Här är min lilla analys av första:

Klart utan någon vidare analys och även svaret på första frågan:

Spelare 1 måste ha KhKc för att ha nötterna just nu.

Spelare 2 måste ha två av de tre återstående essen för att ha andranöten.

Spelare 2 måste ha royaldraget i spader. Det gör hans hand till nöten på turn dels om case-A kommer (han kan då fortfarande förbättra på river med en royal) eller också om hans royalkort kommer (handen kan ej förbättras). För att spelare 1:s påstående skall stämma måste han blocka BÅDA spelare 2:s outs. Det gör att han dels måste ha case-A i handen och också ett spader som blockar spelare 2s möjlighet till en royal. Att spelare 1 säger att han kan förbättra sin hand i första påståendet stämmer om det skulle komma två ess på turn och river vilket då ger honom fyrtal i A med K kicker (i det läget vet han ju inte att spelare 2 har andranöten, dvs 2 ess!).

Möjligheter (x,y,z står för olika färger, ej spader då)

Spelare 1: KhKc AxQs

Spelare 2: AyAz JsTs

Spelare 1: KhKc AxJs

Spelare 2: AyAz QsTs

Spelare 1: KhKc AxTs

Spelare 2: AyAz QsJs

Kollar lite grundligare på andra uppgiften senare.

Länk till kommentar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, someone decided to take up this thread so I thought I´d give case 2 a shot..

Player 1 must have Kc, Kh - the nuts..

Player 2 must have two aces - second nuts..

Player 2 can catch an ace to make his hand the nuts but still beatable.

Player 2 holds 9d Td.... Jd or Qd doesnt improve his hand but gives him a winning hand with the last diamond to complete the 9-K flush (his second out is the last ace...)

Player 1 also holds 9s Ts, an ace on the turn kills his hand but he can improve by runner runner Js Qs..

Player 1 Kc, Kh, 9s, Ts

Player 2 Ax, Ax, 9d, Td

Hmmm, maybe the 9-T suits can be switched...

Länk till kommentar

• 2 weeks later...