Gå till innehåll

Pokerproffs med hjärna!! ( onedropvinnaren)

ibmachine

Såg detta (i Kens blog faktiskt) saxat från 2+2. Verkar vara en kille med huvudet på skaft den där Daniel Colman...

Angåenda varför han inte gav intervjuer och så efter onedropvinsten:

”I really don't owe anyone an explanation but Ill give one...

First off, I don't owe poker a single thing. I've been fortunate enough to benefit financially from this game, but I have played it long enough to see the ugly side of this world. It is not a game where the pros are always happy and living a fulfilling life. To have a job where you are at the mercy of variance can be insanely stressful and can lead to a lot of unhealthy habits. I would never in a million years recommend for someone to try and make it as a poker pro.

It is also not a game where the amateurs are always happy to be losing their money for the sake of entertainment. The losers lose way more money at this game then winners are winning. A lot of this is money they cant afford to lose. This is fine of course because if someone is dumb enough to gamble with money they cant afford to lose, that's their problem. Im not really buying that though. In a perfect world, markets are based on informed consumers making rational transactions. In reality sadly that's not the case, markets are based on advertising trying to play on peoples impulses and targeting their weaknesses in order for them to make irrational decisions. I get it if someone wants to go and play poker on their own free will, but I don't agree with gambling being advertised just like I don't agree with cigarettes and alcohol being advertised.

It bothers me that people care so much about poker's well being. As poker is a game that has such a net negative effect on the people playing it. Both financially and emotionally.

As for promoting myself, I feel that individual achievements should rarely be celebrated. I am not going to take part in it for others and I wouldn't want it for myself. If you wonder why our society is so infatuated by individuals and their success, and being a baller, it is not that way for no reason. It is their because it serves a clear purpose. If you get people to look up to someone and adhere to the "gain wealth, forget all but self" motto, then you can get them to ignore the social contract which is very good for power systems. Also it serves as a means of distraction to get people to not pay attention to the things that do matter.

These are just my personal views. And yes, I realize I am conflicted. I capitalize off this game that targets peoples weaknesses. I do enjoy it, I love the strategy part of it, but I do see it as a very dark game.

Happy to read any ones opinions that could convince me otherwise of my views.”

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Så detta är en kille som levt på poker och sedan gått och och dissat hela det sättet han gjort sina pengar på? Hade varit passande om han gjorde något åt det, ex. skänka pengar till välgörenhet

I och med att han köpt in till turneringen har han precis skänt $111k till välgörenhet.

Länk till kommentar

Så detta är en kille som levt på poker och sedan gått och och dissat hela det sättet han gjort sina pengar på? Hade varit passande om han gjorde något åt det, ex. skänka pengar till välgörenhet

Vad menar du med att dissa?

Åsikterna om pokern är ungefär de samma som jag stött på hos de allra flesta vettiga pokerspelare jag stött på. Alltså att det är en ganska personligt tärande verksamhet som i stort går ut på att utnyttja människor som är dumma eller har dålig impulskontroll utan några direkt kompenserande sidoeffekter. De enda jag kommer på som framhåller poker som något direkt positivt samhällsfenomen är sliskiga promotortyper som Negreanu.

Länk till kommentar