Gå till innehåll

Amerikaner stoppade på FTP, PS och Absolute

jpb123

• Svars 310
  • Created
  • Senaste svar

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, I can shed some light on a confusing situation. I’ve personally been through this same thing with Forex trading. It’s very similar in the sense that US regulators were trying to control US based firms and customers (In other words, if you were off shore and only dealt with Non-US customers you were beyond their reach). It's the ties to US customers and any US based corporations (banks, etc) that give the FBI jurisdiction

I saw this coming for years in Poker because the major sites got greedy and continued to accept US customers in any way they could. The smart sites in other countries restricted US based customers.

The US government is smarter than they seem because they waited until they could pin something on these sites that not only would stick, but also would cause the whole poker business to crumble. If you read the FBI report, they are mainly going after the poker sites and financial institutions that illegally processed deposits/payments for US based customers. By tying in the financial institutions, it’s game over and the US govt knows it.

The reason why this is huge is because it effectively ends all US based online poker, which is what they wanted back in 2006 when they made it illegal. They just needed something with teeth and the poker sites handed it to them on a silver platter. How does this change Poker for US based players?

1. No legitimate off shore poker site will touch US based players now in any way, it’s just not worth it (most of them haven’t anyhow)

2. Now that the US govt tied in the corrupt financial institutions along with the poker sites, no bank in the world will deal with any poker site again that wants to accept US based players. Again, it’s not worth it.

This is NOT a temporary glitch; all of these top sites (UB, Poker Stars, Full Tilt, etc) will be shut down permanently. They are done.

What happens to customer money? Well, it will be put on a priority list depending on how this affects the financial condition of the poker site. Usually (at least with Forex), client deposits were #1 on the list, however, if the sites go bankrupt (which they most likely will with no business being able to be transacted plus huge legal expenses), most depositors may only get pennies on the dollar and it most likely will be years down the line. The money is frozen currently and no transactions can be made until this whole legal process is completed. This obviously will take a lot of time (like I said several years).

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Hopefully, I can shed some light on a confusing situation. I’ve personally been through this same thing with Forex trading. It’s very similar in the sense that US regulators were trying to control US based firms and customers (In other words, if you were off shore and only dealt with Non-US customers you were beyond their reach). It's the ties to US customers and any US based corporations (banks, etc) that give the FBI jurisdiction

I saw this coming for years in Poker because the major sites got greedy and continued to accept US customers in any way they could. The smart sites in other countries restricted US based customers.

The US government is smarter than they seem because they waited until they could pin something on these sites that not only would stick, but also would cause the whole poker business to crumble. If you read the FBI report, they are mainly going after the poker sites and financial institutions that illegally processed deposits/payments for US based customers. By tying in the financial institutions, it’s game over and the US govt knows it.

The reason why this is huge is because it effectively ends all US based online poker, which is what they wanted back in 2006 when they made it illegal. They just needed something with teeth and the poker sites handed it to them on a silver platter. How does this change Poker for US based players?

1. No legitimate off shore poker site will touch US based players now in any way, it’s just not worth it (most of them haven’t anyhow)

2. Now that the US govt tied in the corrupt financial institutions along with the poker sites, no bank in the world will deal with any poker site again that wants to accept US based players. Again, it’s not worth it.

This is NOT a temporary glitch; all of these top sites (UB, Poker Stars, Full Tilt, etc) will be shut down permanently. They are done.

What happens to customer money? Well, it will be put on a priority list depending on how this affects the financial condition of the poker site. Usually (at least with Forex), client deposits were #1 on the list, however, if the sites go bankrupt (which they most likely will with no business being able to be transacted plus huge legal expenses), most depositors may only get pennies on the dollar and it most likely will be years down the line. The money is frozen currently and no transactions can be made until this whole legal process is completed. This obviously will take a lot of time (like I said several years).

Makes sense :/ Vad innebär detta i praktiken om han har rätt i sina tankar? Att alla pengar kommer att frysas f.n även om man inte är amerikan?

Länk till kommentar

Är inte så hype på aktier, men det här lät väldigt lockande. Nån som tror det kan vara en dålig affär?

Den har dessutom sjunkit som en sten den senaste veckan, antagligen p.g.a någon ändring i Tysklands spellagstiftning om jag förstått saker och ting korrekt när jag vaskat lite information om dom ikväll. Är inte heller särskilt insatt, men känns som ett bra läge att lasta.

Kanske lite väl off-topic här dock.

Länk till kommentar

Såhär svarade stars på mail:

Hello XXXX, We do not have further information on this issue about US players at this moment. However, there is no problem with non-US players. If you have any further questions, please let us know, and thank you for making PokerStars your choice for online poker.

Regards, William PokerStars

Länk till kommentar

Alla seriösa företag som har hand om klienters pengar har dem på klientmedelskonton. Det är konton där de inte kan sammanblandas med företagets egna eller andra klienters pengar. Om företaget går i konkurs så är klienternas pengar skyddade på sådana konton, så man har ingenting att oroa sig för. MEN jag känner mig inte så säker på att dessa företag har pengarna på klientmedelskonton - det verkar inte helt osannolikt att de har använt sig av nån mer ljusskygg bokföringsmetod. I så fall skulle jag definitivt känna mig osäker om jag hade mina livsbesparingar på nån av de aktuella siterna.

Själv har jag relativt lite pengar på Stars och FTP, så i vanliga fall skulle jag inte bekymra mig om att ta ut dem. Men eftersom jag ändå inte kommer ha nån tid att spela poker på ett tag så ser jag ingen anledning att riskera den lilla förlusten för att ha pengarna kvar på siterna, så jag har begärt uttag.

Har man lite mer pengar på kontona så tycker jag definitivt att man ska ta ut allt utom det som behövs för en dags spelande. Man får helt enkelt göra lite mer frekventa överföringar mellan siterna och sin e-plånbok för att hålla summorna på siterna till ett minimum.

Sen kanske det finns en risk att e-plånbokssiterna står näst på tur (jag vet inte, men kanske de kan anses ha knowingly processat payments till unlawful gambling sites, eller vad det nu är för uttryck myndigheterna använder sig av?). Så jag skulle inte känna mig säker med alltför stora summor på de siterna heller. Så mitt tips är att öka överföringsfrekvensen mellan e-plånboken och bankkontot också, för att kunna minska exponeringen mot e-plånboken också.

Nåja, nu ska jag ta den där sömnen. Tror jag. :mrgreen:

Länk till kommentar

Och varför skulle de göra detta? låter otroligt löjligt.

Vilka twittrare då?

Jag har postat en av dem tidigare och sen nämdes det på Donkdown Radio ikväll. (inga säkra källor men det har jag redan påpekat)

Om du är jagad av FBI för pengatvätt, bestickning och kommer få 3 miljarder dollar av dina tillgångar frysta är det då löjligt att lägga ner verksamheten.

Att bara stänga ute Amerikanska kunder lär ju knappast hjälpa. Tydligen ska tillslagen ha skett i 14 länder i samarbete med interpol.

Länk till kommentar

Folk med "inblick i branschen" tolkar jag som säkra källor men ja, har inte läst dina tidigare inlägg. Och ja du har rätt, därför jag editade mitt inlägg men du var lite för snabb.

Förövrigt kan jag meddela att pokerstars nu skickade ut något slags meddelande i klienten, jag hann inte läsa vad som stod då jag var mitt uppe i spelet men de intresserade kan bara logga in i klienten o läsa vad stars säger.

Länk till kommentar

Jag har postat en av dem tidigare och sen nämdes det på Donkdown Radio ikväll. (inga säkra källor men det har jag redan påpekat)

Om du är jagad av FBI för pengatvätt, bestickning och kommer få 3 miljarder dollar av dina tillgångar frysta är det då löjligt att lägga ner verksamheten.

Att bara stänga ute Amerikanska kunder lär ju knappast hjälpa. Tydligen ska tillslagen ha skett i 14 länder i samarbete med interpol.

I det här läget så är de nog ännu mer angelägna om att tjäna pengar på Europeiska spelare än tidigare. Så självklart kommer de att hålla sajterna öppna för folk från andra länder än USA, om det är överhuvudtaget är möjligt. Det enda som skulle kunna få dem att stänga ner är om de inte har några pengar för att bedriva verksamheten i Dublin/Isle of Man/Costa Rica, men hur skulle amerikanska FBI kunna lägga beslag på i stort sett alla pengar som tillhör företag i andra länder?

Länk till kommentar

Folk med "inblick i branschen" tolkar jag som säkra källor men ja, har inte läst dina tidigare inlägg. Och ja du har rätt, därför jag editade mitt inlägg men du var lite för snabb.

Förövrigt kan jag meddela att pokerstars nu skickade ut något slags meddelande i klienten, jag hann inte läsa vad som stod då jag var mitt uppe i spelet men de intresserade kan bara logga in i klienten o läsa vad stars säger.

Inblick i branschen är ju bara vad de själva utger sig för att ha.

Vad som än kommer hända, hade du väntat dig något annat pressmeddelande än "business as usually"

Länk till kommentar

Important notice from PokerStars

As you may heard, we have had to suspend real money poker services to people based int the US due to legal developments there. These developments are confined to the US and do not have any impact on your ability to continue our services.

Please be assured player balances are safe. There is no cause for concern. For all customers outside US it is business as usual.

The PokerStars website has been moved to http://www.pokerstars.eu, and our support email address is now support@pokerstars.eu. We apologise to our players for any inconvenience caused by this disruption.

Please be aware that we are currently experincing a very high volume of emails, so our response times are delayed. We will answer player emails as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

(Eventuella skrivfel skylles på mig eftersom jag skrev av det från popuppen. Gick inte att coppa.)

Länk till kommentar