Gå till innehåll

Ställ frågor till Phil Hellmuth!

devalanteriel

• Svars 50
  • Created
  • Senaste svar

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine a situation: Main Event 2008, 5000 players knocked out and only you and one unknown player are playing heads up for the title.

In that situation, imagine that the rules were changed to that the second place was given both first and second place prize money and the winner only get the bracelet.

Would you prefer the approx 15 M USD prize money for 1:st and 2:nd place and runner up or zero cash but one more Main Event bracelet?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Imagine a situation: Main Event 2008, 5000 players knocked out and only you and one unknown player are playing heads up for the title.

In that situation, imagine that the rules were changed to that the second place was given both first and second place prize money and the winner only get the bracelet.

Would you prefer the approx 15 M USD prize money for 1:st and 2:nd place and runner up or zero cash but one more Main Event bracelet to tie Stu Ungar for 3 Main Event Bracelets and be the greatest of all time?

trist att han bara har ett ME-bracelet.

Länk till kommentar

Dear Phil:

Many thanks for having written "Play Poker Like the Pros" - a book that have resulted in some nice money for me!

However, there is one piece of advice I still would like to ask you about. For NLH under the heading "Beginners: If You Hold A-A, K-K, Q-Q, or A-K before the Flop. Bet It All" you write:

"When you have one of these top four hands in NLH, you can almost always justify shoving all your chips out there before the flop. (...)"

My experience having played approximately 100.000 hands NLH full ring games on the internet ($2-, $10-, $25-, and $50-level) is that the only hand you can justify going all in with before the flop is A-A. This, I would say, is valid for all games above the $2-level (blinds 1c/2c).

Examples I have experienced:

$10-level (blinds 5c/10c) I sit on the button. A player two seats before me raises to 40c, I hold Q-Q, and noticing this raise (4*BB) I decide to call only (would you go all in here?). All right, the SB folds, now the BB raises to 70c, and I wonder what's going on. The player two seats before me re-raises to $1.5, and here I decide to fold. BB goes all in, the first player calls. Both show A-A.

$10-level, I sit in late position, a player in early position (with $19 in chips) raises to 40c, I hold K-K (and have $17 in front of me), and decide to raise to find out where I am at, so I bet 80c (I do not go all in here, would you do this?), now, a few players after me calls, and finally it is back to the initial raiser, who without any whatsoever hesitation goes all in with his remaining $19. I decide to fold. Another player calls. The initial raiser shows A-A, the caller shows Q-Q.

$25-level. UTG raises to $2.75, I hold A-A and decide to go all in with my $22, insta-call by UTG who shows K-K. I win the pot.

My experience is that at the $2-level there are enough players who think "aha, he's bluffing, let's call" when I go all in with K-K, Q-Q, or A-K to make this profitable. However, for any level above this lowest microlimit I have noticed that if I go all in before the flop with Q-Q, or A-K, I am almost only called if I am beat. The only exception is if I'd be very low on chips, but usually I fill up to maximum as soon as I drop down to 80% of full buy-in.

Note: I am playing on a site that is considered as one of the loosest on the internet, but my experience is that the players there really are not just throwing their money away.

So, please, feel free to comment on this.

Some ideas I have come up with:

Maybe your recommendation is for live cash games only, where you can see the other players.

Could it be that the internet players have become a lot more knowledgeable since you wrote your book?

Many thanks in advance for your reply, and please remember, if I bust you - it is your fault!

GP

Länk till kommentar

Best Mr Phil

You have a wife and kids how can you focus on your

game and spend time with your family when you play

online and are traveling to tournaments?

Dont this disturb you while playing especially at home

and how do you handle it and how can you make your

game work when being away long time thinking about

the people you love the most?

Best of regards from a fan

Länk till kommentar

Hello Mr Phil

Could you rank your favourite poker game variations

from the best to the worst and do you think cash

game playes earns more money per minute in general

then tournament players in a normal session?

How long would you like to play poker

and would you retire with enough cash?

Good luck with poker

Länk till kommentar

Hello Phil!

I have two questions to you. I heard on an episode on the old cardplayer show the circuit that you thought Brad Booth was the best unkown player at the time. (This was before he was famous to the common people) My question is who is the best "unknown" poker player nowdays? Both tournament and cashgame.

I also have a question regarding table selection. Just say that you are at the Bellagio and are going to play some highstakes poker. When you arrive there are 2 tables open in Bobbys room. On one table you see the 6 best players in the wotld playing with 3 businessmen and theres one seat open on the other table you see players that are among the top 20 in the world but not as good as the players on table one. Both tables have the same blinds. Im now wondering wich tables is the best to play at? A table with really good players but 3 fishes or a table that are a little softer but theres no really fish?

Good Luck in the future

Länk till kommentar

I have read many historys of great players childhood. I like players childhood storys, and now my question to you. Did you grow up with poker from your friends/family or discovered it yourself and got stuck for it passion? Or didnt you play poker when you where young? How did you discovered your talent and who did you played against at that time? Anything from your younger days of poker. I would love that! And im not saying that you are old! :) (and excuse my bad english)

Länk till kommentar

Hello Phil!

I reckon you are tired of hearing all these poker questions over and over again, so I decided I will ask you some everyday life questions :-)

Do you sing in the shower?

Do you like to get drunk? If yes, what do you prefer getting drunk on?

What is your favourite food?

What kind of music do you like?

Länk till kommentar

Hey there Phil !

I just have to ask you, you say you have a very unique stile and that youre one of a kind, but what i've seen from you lately has been a pretty tight player not making as many good reads as he used to. What could this be due to? Youre not getting soft or old i hope?

Congrats to the eleventh also

Länk till kommentar

'some of the most bizarre advice I have ever read', writes Mason Malmuth about one of your books. Sklansky is also repeatedly very critical of your poker books, for instance in 'No Limit Hold'em theory and practice' advising the readers not to follow an unnamed other authors advice to be a calling station on the river - an advice I recognize from your book Phil Hellmuth's Texas Hold'em'. Have you been debating these critisisms and defended your ideas somewhere?

Länk till kommentar

Dear Phil!

I am woundering about your goals with poker and what you are spending

all the money you have won from several major tournaments on?

Do you think you can beat the main event braclet record

and did you play the WSOPE and WSOOP this year or maybe

other huge tournaments and can tell us more about your preformance?

Good luck at the final tables!

Länk till kommentar